Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Cure for the Cure

Infusioning promises a lot of things, trade-offs required to get the prize: the cure. Looking down the short road of 18 weeks, possibly weak and hairless as a baby rat, a hottie on the inside disguised as a cancer patient, CrackHo decided that she may need a Cure for the Cure.

So, meet the Orange Crush: CrackHo's new Love Boat, and the thing to cure me from infusion fallout on the way to the big Cure. Big and fat, hard to flip and easy to move, the Crush has a cockpit so open that it barely qualifies as a closed yak. Easy for an infused CrackHo to just flop into and float and forget what nasty side effects infusion may bring.

My dear therapist and spiritual companion Dr. Robin reminds me that water is about clearing the throat chakra. And, it just feels so good to be out where the light and the water and the air meet in gentle collision. Good place for a Bird.

Introducing on this video my friend Jerry, my most esteemed Niger Rodentia and river floating companion. Jerry is my idol for his grace and brightness in his own journey, and for how he can make an afternoon on a river a cure for ailments you never knew you had. He is also a kick-butt cook.

2 comments:

Malibu Barbie said...

Crack Ho - Until I read the entire post, I thought Orange Crush was the name of the cute guy in the opening frame...but, "hard to flip and easy to move"? I was relieved to discover Orange Crush is a boat.

CrackHo said...

Bu Barbie, you are too funny! I am laughing so hard I'm crying! The re-read is hysterical! Just wait till Jerry sees this: I may find that my new yak is in fact flippable the next time we paddle together!
cheers!
'ho