Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Missing in action.....

Black Canary Barbie here: Not getting any work done; bumping into things and feeling as if I only have air in that space where I am suppose to have a brain. Could this be the "straw man" effect from not attending the especially fun bone marrow extraction this morning? Just to clarify for those not in the Crack Ho Circle: Mama, Deddy and Julie (aka Malibu Barbie) were at Piedmont with jones while Doc Henderson extracted bone marrow and who knows what else from Joni's hip this morning to make sure there is no big, bad B Lymphoma floating around in the spinal fluid. (We do so love the thoroughness of the famous Dr. Henderson). So, once again we WAIT for another test result. One good lesson learned for BCB...work will not ease one's mind while sister is having any procedure. I'll go with my heart strings next time and just show up for the next big event next Wednesday when Joni has her port surgery. At least then I can flip and document my way through this horrible B Lymphoma anxiety.

3 comments:

Sinnergirls said...

"...feeling as if I only have air in that space where I am suppose to have a brain." - Black Canary Barbie: remember all that fatty tissue Doc Henderson said we have in our brains? It was probably just acting up this morning. You're always "there", even when you're not. Love you loads.

Skanky Mama said...

Lordy, Lordy, BCB, I hope your brothers and sisters at the Baptist church aren't keeping up with your blog. They might decide you need to be re-dunked or something!!

Anyhow, just wanted to say "hi" to you bad girls, and tell you I'm thinking of you all. Joni, you probably don't remember me, but I am a friend of Jamie's and met you at her 50th birthday party. Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers each day as you begin your treatment and kick that cancer to the curb!

Much love,
Skanky Mama (Becky D.)

Black Canary Barbie said...

Dear SM...all that divides us Baptist from becoming Methodist is Hwy 54!! BCB