Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Infusion Treatments?! Are you serious?

We learned in our first visit to the darling Dr. Henderson yesterday, and with the very fun Ashley Stough, RN, that chemo treatments are no longer referred to as "chemo treatments". No, instead they are called "infusions". And you get your infusions in an Infusion Suite. How 'bout that?

They patiently walked us through each and every drug in the chemo cocktail. Oh, I mean in the infusion. When Doc Henderson said Crack Ho would be having an "R-Chop", I thought he was offering her a special deal from Longhorn. But no. It's the name of the infusion. This little discussion is likely to scare the cancer right out of a person, let me tell you. But when you are ready to get your sister well, they all sound like the best little drugs you ever heard of. What's a little nausea, fatigue, canker sore and aggression when it's all for a good cause, right?

And the best part? Chemo Brain. Their term, not ours. They told C-Ho that she would likely get a little forgetful, have a hard time finding words from time to time, etc. All three of us middle-aged girls looked at each other and said, "hey - that's a normal day"!

Tally ho! 
M. Barbie

3 comments:

CrackHo said...

I loved how the totally awesome Doc Henderson so eagerly played "Guess Who's the Cancer Patient" with the 3 SinnerGirls packed into the exam room. AND, his nurse noticed my CrackHo necklace (commissioned to commemorate my Crackho-ness specially by Black Canary) when I first went in!! I swear, these are observant medical professionals and I love them already!
CrackHo

Black Canary Barbie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CrackHo said...

Malibu, I been meanin to axe you about this "Tally Ho" biotch and where she be workin. ain't seen her at da crack shack. you reckon she be coming to the national Ho Down convention to be held in December when dis sh*t's over? Crackster don' be needin no competition in da Suite if u catch me